- Go to 'ReSharper | Help | Profile Visual Studio'.
Note: on a 1st run self-profiling tool will be downloaded from JetBrains server, download times may vary so please be patient.
- This action will start the profiling of the VS immediately.
Note: The control panel of profiling tool may appear under other windows when it starts. Click the Resharper icon in the taskbar to bring it to the foreground if needed.
- All you need to do is to reproduce the performance scenario and then click “Get Snapshot” when you’re done.
Note: If you need redo your performance capture, hit "Drop snapshot" below “Get Snapshot”.
- After clicking “Get Snapshot”, the performance snapshot will get attached to the ‘Problem Report’ in the ‘Feedback Center’ dialog.
Note: If you need redo your performance capture, you can click the red "X" icon next to the performance capture. Then click "Start Profiling" on the control panel of profiling tool to collect another one.
- Provide a good Subject and Description of the performance issue you experience.
- When the performance report is complete, you'll be able to upload the snapshot to our FTP server by clicking on Submit button
What can go wrong:
- Failed to attach using self-profiling API error message: You hit "Attachment | Performance Snapshot", however the profiling tool is already run. Please follow the note for 2 point in the list above.
- Any errors during uploading files for FTP after clicking on "Submit": Sometimes uploading to ftp is prohibited in a local network, then please do the following:
- Call a context menu for an attached performance snapshot;
- Select "Open file location";
- Share such file with us using any cloud services like Dropbox, GoogleDisk, etc.
- You accidentally closed the control panel of profiling tool: Click "Attachment | Performance Snapshot (Sampling)" to open it again